I have been to USA on several occations:
- 1981: Traing couses for gas turbine maintenence as part of my education + visiting friends: Evendale/Cincinati (Ohio), Ontario/Los Angeles/San Diego (California), Overland Park/Kansas City (Kansas), Denver (Colorado), Fort Collins (Colorado), Laramie (Wyoming).
- 1989: Two overnight stops in Miami Beach on my way to Cancun in Mexico.
- 2006 (April): Ship visit in Bridgeport (Connecticut), driving from Newark (New Jersey).
- 2006 (December): Ship visits in Providence (Rhode Island) near Boston and Bridgeport (Connecticut), ending up with a sightseeing tour in New York (driving from Boston to New York).
- 2007 (January): Ship visit in Portsmouth (New Hampshire – north of Boston).
- 2014 (April): Visiting friends in Portland, Oregon.
April 2012 – Portland, Oregon + Columbia River and Mount Hood
I visited friends in Portland, and we first had a sightseeing in downtown Portland. Then a tour up along the Columbia River and up to Mount Hood. where we had a break at the Timberline Lodge where ‘The Shining‘ with Jack Nicholson was filmed.
December 2006 – Sightseeing in New York
On another visit to Bridgeport in connection with visiting a ship in Bridgeport, as part of my work, I had time to visit friends in Connecticut, and a full day in New York City.
I took a sightseeing bus ride in the cold December weather, shopped at Macy’s, and visited Ground Zero (the World Trade Center site).
I had hoped to get up to the top of Empire State Building, but the queue was too long.
April 2006 – Ship visit in Bridgeport
This video indludes: Flying from Norway to Newark, passing the southern part of Greenland, to visit a ship in Bridgeport in connection with my work.
We drove a rental car to the pier in Bridgeport, and small supply vessel brought us to the ship. We stayed in a hotel in the outskirts of Bridgeport, and we had some extra time to drive around in the area, and I visited some friends in the Stamford/Greenwich area.
After finishing our work we returned to Newark to fly back to Norway.